Hope that you are from one of the below US cities because…
Lyft, a company similar to Uber, is looking for new drivers…. in the hunt… they are paying $1000 to anyone who signs up/passes the background check and gives 30 rides to Lyft customers by the end of March 5th. (Yesterday it was just one ride, it’s now 30, so if you think this is for you, you must act fast.)
I wouldn’t be wasting my time telling you about this if I didn’t think it was worth it.
BUT time is of the essence… SO FIRST
WHAT THE HECK IS LYFT?
I’m a New Yorker and we all know what UBER is… BUT Uber is not offering $1000 for me to sign up with them and drive someone in my city to a destination.
LYFT however, IS.
HOW IT WORKS FOR A DRIVER:
You use your own car
You pay for your own gas
You set your own hours (There is no minimum/maximum amount. It could be a part-time or full-time job. You decide)
You keep 80% of the fare and 100% of any tips received
You will need a checking account which you will get paid weekly into by direct deposit
You will have the Lyft App on your phone
You choose DRIVER MODE
That means you are waiting for a RIDE REQUEST
When someone in the area requests a ride, the App will notify you if you are the closest driver to the passenger
A picture of the passenger will appear with their rating (given from other drivers)
If you can’t take the passenger or if you feel like they have a bad rating, you can let the request time-out
Otherwise you accept the ride request and pick-up your passenger
The App GPS will take you to your pick up point
Confirm that you have arrived at the pick-up destination
HOW IT WORKS FOR A PASSENGER
– You download the Lyft App on your phone
– You set up your profile which requires a credit or debit card
– Whenever you need a ride you request a lift from the App and the nearest driver will be with you within 5 – – 10 minutes
– Once the request is accepted by a driver, a picture of the driver and the vehicle will pop up so you know who is picking you up
– You don’t approve/deny the driver, however you can cancel the ride at this point
NOW FOR WHY YOU’RE HERE:
There is a $1000 new driver bonus for drivers in the following cities:
New York City drivers receive a $500 new driver bonus (We totally got shafted on this one. But 500 is 500 and you don’t really have to do anything.) ALSO your first ride must be given by MARCH 2 before 9am. So hop on it.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
1. CLICK ON THIS LINK and SUBMIT THE FORM.
2. MAKE SURE the referral code: DANIEL9636 is on the form to receive the $1000 (You’ll know who Dan is by the end of this post!)
3. NEXT Lyft will email you so they can do a simple background check.
4. Once approved, a new driver will go through a short mentor session. (Pretty much a test-drive so they can see that you are capable of driving others.)
The whole process from signing up to having a background check to going through your mentor session will take approximately two days….
WHICH IS GOOD.. BECAUSE YOU DON”T HAVE MUCH TIME.
Remember you need to make your first ride by MARCH 5th to receive the $1000 new-driver bonus.
ALSO – If you want to quit, you just don’t sign into DRIVER MODE anymore.
So give one ride by March 5th, receive your $1000 new driver bonus and then decide if you want to continue being a driver.
Simple as that.
HOW DID I HEAR ABOUT THIS:
My roommate in New Zealand, (DAN, the referral code guy) told me that this is how he afforded to travel. He gave over 400 rides and made over $5000 in a span of 5-6 weeks as a driver. Plus, he received over $600 in tips. And he didn’t receive a new driver bonus when he signed up (like you will) After all his monthly payments he ended up saving $3000 from working with Lyft and he used that money to start a life in New Zealand.
Maybe it can work for you too!